Unlike other exposed security breaches the heartbreak won't affect many people. There was a hole in SSL signatures that basically allowed hackers to take a peak at data being transmitted. Essentially, SSL is like using keys to get in a door to your home. Heartbreak is like when a robber uses the old credit card trick to open the door and get in. The SSL signature displays as a little lock when you login some sites in the browser bar. This let's you know the site is secure (and the robber can't use credit cards).
So what can you do?
You can install one of the browser extensions below that will run in the background. If a site that you login is exposed to Heartbleed then the extension will inform you and you should avoid logging into that site until it's fixed. If you've logged in already then I highly recommend changing your passwords.
- Chromebleed for Chrome
- Foxbleed for Mozilla Firefox
- I'm unaware of anything for Internet Explorer. Besides, you shouldn't be using it anyways.
Hope this helps!
There are a lot of factors into why I haven't released the album yet. Some of it is due to procrastination and some of it is a legitimate reason. Here's a list:
- I've really struggled writing lyrics. Writer's block exists for musicians too! Some was too redundant and some I couldn't think of a theme.
- Some songs I wasn't 100% satisfied with, so I modified/added parts
- I re-did drums for a few tracks that needed better transitions between riffs
- I've been busy with school!
- My album artist has had difficulty completing the artwork.
I can't promise when the album will be released, but it's much closer today than it was last week! I'm hoping by the end of this month.
I can say that the following are officially complete with the album: Drums, Guitars, and Keyboards. Right now I am focusing on final touches, writing vocals, and recording the vocals. From the last update I deleted 2 songs, rewrote one entirely, and wrote 2 new songs. I'm pretty happy with the way this record is turning out so far. I'm making minor adjustments here and there because I want this album to come out really strong. That's it for now.